March 10, 2017
Users will be able to visualize CHO cell mRNA expression data either from published DNA-microarray or RNA-Seq experiments via JBrowse. The visualized data will enable users to easily obtain gene expression levels and compare gene expression levels among different conditions.
August 19, 2016
CHOmine, the InterMine site for CHO and Chinese hamster, went online on August 11, 2016 at https://chomine.boku.ac.at/. CHOmine collects and integrates publicly available Chinese hamster and CHO data, where different datasets are connected to provide user-friendly access. Currently, users are asked to test the site and to provide feedback (impressions, comments, issues, and suggestions for improvements) to Matthias.Gerstl@acib.at or Nicole.Borth@boku.ac.at.
CHO Epigenomic Data
April 14, 2016
A new database of epigenomic information (cho-epigenome.boku.ac.at) for 6 CHO cell lines has been created by Dr. Nicole Borth's group. A link to this database has been added to CHOgenome.org's Data webpage. The epigenomic database website hosts genome sequences for 6 cell lines, SNPs, structural variants, full genome methylation data, and batch culture histone modification data. The manuscript describing the acquisition and analysis of the data can be found here.
Advanced Search Page
The CHO-K1 RefSeq database can be searched by:
- Gene name (i.e. Caspase 1)
- Gene symbol (i.e. Casp1)
- Gene ID (i.e. 100759171)
Tips for using the database:
- Search by gene name, symbol, or ID to find individual gene pages.
- Multiple genomes may be selected at once, but the time required for the query may increase.
- Each gene, transcript, and protein has a unique, individual entry. To obtain the relevant protein information or download the protein sequence, select the gene or transcript entry of interest, scroll to the bottom of the "Gene Details" page, and select the protein entry associated with the relevant transcript in the "Gene Relations" table.
- Many pseudogenes do not have a gene name or symbol, but all have a gene ID and may be searched.